Sunday, March 3, 2013

Letting Go

There has to come a point in life where you have to let go of the pain that someone has caused you in the past and move on. Well for me there is a person whose actions have caused a great deal of pain not only to myself but to others. This week there came a point where I had to make a choice whether or not I held onto my fear of being hurt again or if I once and for all let it go. 





As a Christian we are taught to forgive. I believed that I had but there was a part of me that held back from a deep connection with this person because of my fear, because of my wariness. To be honest I don't believe it is without foundation, this person has never shown any remorse for the pain and upheaval and they have never apologised for the damaged they did or the betrayal their lies and manipulation cause. I was moving on at my own pace, trying to let go but being forced to make this choice had me wanting to stamp my feet and scream like a tired 2 year old in the middle of busy shopping centre because my Mummy wouldn't buy me a chocolate.




Then I realised that part of me wanted to hold onto everything. I had been deeply hurt and damn it I wanted them to care about that. But here's there kicker, its not doing me any good. Yes I have been hurt, yes I am concerned about putting my family in a position where they may be hurt again but I can not go around expecting pain because I will be short changing myself the joy of life and I refuse to live like that. So this is me.... 



Letting Go

No comments:

Post a Comment